What can I do?
Design, build and deploy web applications.
By job title I am a software engineer, by license a Linux professional, but really I am a jack of all trades.
Many people working in small businesses and startups need to wear many hats. I write tools in Go, web apps in Elixir and automate stuff in Bash. I deal with data stores, schedulers, embedded systems, security, etc. Having a non trivial understanding of each part, I feel I have a solid understanding of the complex systems.
How I work?
- From my distraction free office in the Netherlands
- By communicating with remote teams via chat, email and voice
- Break down larger tasks and prioritize
- Use the right tool for the job; not be religious about it
- Follow common coding principles like KISS, DRY and YAGNI
- Employ test-driven development, write documented and clean code
- Test, check in early, check in often into revision control
Want me to consult or build your next project? Contact me.